Almost everyone I know has struggled with anxiety or depression at some point, myself included. For many, laughter is the drug of choice, a single crutch that holds us up when the world is pulling us down. Without comedy to distract us from darkness, there is no light for some —remember that next time you're scrolling and find yourself falling victim to a joke.
Social media is changing the game for humor writers and content creators, making it harder for us to deliver a punchline. Ironically, it's not their fault; it's ours for allowing victim culture to tell us what we think is funny. Please support your local jokester by giving them full reign on humor. Stop looking for reasons to be offended, and trust that their intentions are only to make you smile —because they are.
Below are 25 anxiety-ridden laughs from some of my friends who are struggling to hold it together as much, if not more, than you. Be sure to follow them on Instagram if you're not already.
1. It comes in waves.
2. Be careful what you wish for, kidnapper dude.
3. It really would be cool if over-obsessing burned calories.
4. Anything is possible if you try hard enough.
5. Get off me. You're crushing my hopes and dreams.
6. I just need a minute.
7. I'll take a spot of tea and a vacation, please.
8. Anyone else having trouble calculating how many fucks they have left?
9. Please and thank you.
10. It helps to keep things in perspective.
11. Hmmm... maybe we need to revisit this again tomorrow.
12. My last nerve just exploded and caught fire, so...
13. Please don't pick up. Please don't pick up.
14. I pity the fool delivering my UberEats order.
15. In my defense, the glass was half-full.
16. According to this, I'm an expert on self-care.
17. I'm not stressed. You're stressed.
18. Stop trying to steal my anxiety thunder.
19. It's a vicious cycle, but at least I'm still peddling.
20. I'm on the cusp of being Inmate #524688.
21. How soon we forget...
22. Um, I'm pretty sure my anxiety just tried to sell me some swamp land in south Florida.
23. He has a beautiful voice that never stops.
24. What? Are you just gonna SIT THERE AND STARE AT ME?!
25. No wonder the sleep study clinic shut down after I left.
Comments are closed.