My plans to write a 2020 thesis has dwindled into a series of relatable memes because, frankly, I'm tired of talking about it. While words may never fully express my disappointment in humanity, the following 25 images capture a little piece of what many of us have been feeling all along.
Every day, we get to choose who we want to be and what kind of life we want for our families. I hope each of you chooses love over hate, peace over conflict, and forgiveness over revenge because our kids deserve better, and so do we. Let's ring in the new year with mutual respect and a few good laughs. Cheers, my friends, we made it!
1. It made sense at the time.
2. FIVE...FOUR...THREE...TWO...ONE...BLAST OFF!
3. It was funny the 16th time, Hal.
4. At least I'm consistent.
5. Eyes wide shut by 9pm.
6. How much you want to bet the 2021 roll will be empty?
7. Wait for it....
8. It's good to know I'm not alone.
9. I feel this in my bones.
10. Is it me or does New Years Eve feel like a giant roulette wheel?
11. I have a feeling WAZE is going to take us down a dark road.
12. We just let ourselves go, didn't we?
13. Bravo, suckers.
14. I'm sorry I'm not sorry but I'm not. What?
15. You never know who you might bump into on the front porch.
16. You'd think I would've run out of tears by now.
17. Oh Arthur, you're such a Joker.
18. I don't really give a shit if you must know.
19. Yeah, you know what? Maybe let's not do this.
20. Boom. Roasted.
21. Contouring is bullshit, just sayin'.
22. I call porch swing.
23. It's a whole mood.
24. I feel pretty, oh so pretty...
25. Maybe it was just a dream.